Our healthcare professionals in the community integrated assessment team (CIAT) provide you with a number of services directly into your home throughout the Stockton and Hartlepool area. The multidisciplinary team is made up of therapists, nurses and therapy assistants who provide a 7-day extended hour service to emergency care and in the community.
The services we provide in the community include:
- rapid response
- emergency care therapy team
- discharge liaison
- intermediate care
- community stroke team
- falls service
- residential rehabilitation
What we do
The CIAT service provides people with care, support and rehabilitation within the community. We help patients to maintain their independence, prevent hospital admission and through a package of care, support them remaining in their own home.
If you are in hospital the team will get you the support and advice you need, while creating a care package for your discharge.
When you are ready to leave your care package alongside support from the team will help to prevent you from going back into hospital.
We provide our services in a number of convenient locations in the community at:
- University Hospital of Hartlepool
- University Hospital of North Tees
- Residential rehabilitation units – Rosedale Rehabilitation and Assessment Centre in Stockton and Westview Lodge in Hartlepool
- Hartfields Retirement Village, Hartlepool
- Tithebarn House, Stockton
Making a referral
- Health and social care professionals can make a referral for any patient over the age of 18 into one of the services in the team
- Patients over the age of 18 can refer themselves to the service
- You can make a referral seven days a week between 8am until 10pm weekdays and between 8am and 8pm at weekends by phoning the single point of access team. Your referral will be assessed and managed appropriately.
- Referrals into the emergency care therapy team and discharge liaison team can only be made through the hospital system
Single point of access
Tel: 01429 522500