Our nurses and health care assistants in the rapid response team provide a rapid assessment service and care for patients in a crisis in the community.
We want to prevent you from going into hospital, help you get home quickly and safely if you’ve been in hospital and support you to stay at home.
We look after patients who are over 18 across Stockton and Hartlepool who have:
- an infection, such as a chest infection and may need intravenous antibiotics (given directly into the bloodstream)
- had a fall and may not be managing at home
- had a fracture and need social care at home
- an existing medical condition that has become worse
- been seen by their GP and need treatment, but this care can be provided in their own home
The team are the most wonderful and professional group of staff I have ever had to deal with.
We will care for you seven days a week. You will either be referred to us by a healthcare professional, social services or you can contact us yourself direct.
Making a referral
Health professionals should phone our single point of access on 01429 522500 to make a referral.
You can contact us by phoning the single point of access on 01429 522500.