Our knowledge and information service offers:
- 24/7 access using a secure swipe card system
- Staff from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- PCs, self-service iPad loans and free WiFi
- Dedicated study areas
- Self-service book loans and returns
- More than 2,000 print books
- More than 2,000 e-books
- OpenAthens online resources
- BMJ Best Practice
- Regional and national resources
The library service helps you to access up-to-date evidence-based information to support your day to day work, research and professional development.
We are continuing to make information electronically available so that you can access it where and when you need it, including at the point of care.
Our knowledge and information service also has a wide selection of print books covering aspects of medicine, nursing, allied health, management and more. We also have student set texts and exam books to help you through your studies.
To find any books, e-books or journals, simply search our library catalogue. You can limit your search to resources available in our library or you can access collections held by NHS knowledge and information services.
Anything not held within our library at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust can be requested on your behalf by our library support team.Access the library catalogue
How do I access the catalogue?
If you’re already a library member, you can access your account by logging with your membership card (using the barcode number) to update personal information.
The first time you login to your account, click ‘set/reset password’ button to create a new password.
After logging in, you will be able to:
- Access a wide range of North East health library resources
- Check your items currently on loan and return/renew dates
- Request books
- Automatically renew books to help save you time – unless requested by someone else you will be able to keep the book for longer
- Create your own virtual bookshelf
- Manage and update your personal information
NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
The Health Education England funded NHS Knowledge and Library Hub is a one-stop gateway to connect NHS staff and learners seamlessly to a range of free, high-quality knowledge and evidence resources, services, tools and databases, all in one place.
The easy-to-use platform includes over 7,000 journals, e-books (including OUP handbooks), clinical decision support tools (for example, BMJ Best Practice) and clinical and medical databases.
Accessed through NHS OpenAthens, users will be able to tap into the same system – wherever their career takes them.Start your search now
How to register
Not a library member yet?
Simply fill in the online registration form, fill in a form by asking at our library reception or contact the library.