Below staff members can find some of the support available to look after their health and wellbeing. We have resources available for all physical, psychological, financial and spiritual needs.
Internal wellbeing contacts
Offering support and advice to individual colleagues or teams. Depending on circumstances and the nature of the concern, we offer:
- Listening: so you know you are seen and heard
- Reflection: a non-judgemental space where issues are discussed and held gently together
- Bespoke service: seeking creative ways to offer you pastoral care
- Faith support: prayer and sacramental provision are available where appropriate
Telephone 01642 383138
Offering workplace based support for colleagues across the organisation. Our team can support you with:
- Self-referral or formal management referral: staff can have a confidential chat with an advisor about any difficulties physical or psychological, at work or home, for advice on how to manage them
- Signposting to Alliance: for psychological and/or talking therapy
- Signposting: to in house physiotherapy for musculoskeletal support
- Provision of: workplace ergonomic assessments to ensure staff members at risk of musculoskeletal injury is minimised
Telephone 01642 383211
Staff psychology support hub
Facilitated by the psychology department. The psychology staff support hub (SPSH) team can support you by:
- Pathway 1: providing a listening ear, guidance and support, and will support you to access other services available to help you
- Pathway 2: a pre-booked slow with one of our psychologists, arranged to suit your work and life commitments. You will have the option of one of our own psychology team members, or someone from the external central staff wellbeing hub
- Pathway 3: drop in ward sessions can be arranged, along with team time reflective sessions and other group support sessions
- We can also: consider whether group requests would benefit from a schwartz round. These can be help as closed rounds for teams too
Telephone 01429 522048
Domestic violence advocate
Confidential staff and patient support for those who may be experiencing domestic abuse at home. This service is provided for the Trust by Harbour.
Our Trust advocate, working alongside the adult safeguarding team, can provide instant intervention if a colleague has a concern or if domestic abuse has been disclosed.
Telephone 07789 506664
Mental health first aiders
Key staff members throughout the organisation have been trained as TRiM practitioners and mental health first aiders. They are available to offer support and guidance to colleagues.
To find out who can support you from within your department or area, contact the people development team on the number below.
Telephone 01642 383827
- Regular advice, guidance and support
- Help you to learn coping mechanisms, build resilience, access therapy and work with your employer to make adjustments to help your mental health at work
- Easy to self-refer online
Telephone 0800 321 3137
Monday to friday –
Staff wellbeing hub
Confidential advice and support helpline.
The North East and North Cumbria NHS Staff Wellbeing Hub includes a wellbeing diary, a resource toolkit, offers, support and more.
Telephone 0191 223 2030
A range of online courses to support with aspects of wellbeing and mental health.
Impact on Teesside
Impact can provide colleagues with talking therapy, counselling and alternative therapies. The service can be accessed by phone on weekdays, however online referrals can be made at any time.
Telephone 01642 573924
Monday to Friday –