The Home First team is made up of occupational therapists, physiotherapists and nurses based in the urgent and emergency department at the University Hospital of North Tees.
The service provides you with therapy and frailty support if you are receiving urgent and emergency care or if you have had short stay in the emergency assessment unit.
We can help you if you are struggling with:
- mobility (for example, your ability to walk, stand from a chair, the toilet or bed)
- activities of daily living (for example, washing, dressing, using the toilet, cooking)
- managing stairs
- caring for family member
- any general concerns about managing when you leave the hospital
- provide equipment (walking stick, portable toilet)
- refer for short care support at home
- refer for long term care support at home
- refer to community physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- refer to community services (for example dementia teams, mental health teams)
- follow up phone calls once you leave hospital if needed
- home visits if needed
- refer into community rehabilitation beds (for example Rosedale or West View Lodge)
- advise on any issues or concerns you may have
How to refer to our service
Staff in the accident and emergency department or the emergency assessment unit can refer you to us.
You can also request our service and we will be happy to come and speak to you.
We provide the service seven days a week between 8am and 8pm.