After being referred to us by your GP or allied health professionals, such as a physiotherapist or podiatrist, we will assess, diagnose and treat any problems which affect your bones, muscles and joints.
Our team of specialists will ensure you are seen by the most appropriate member of the team or someone in hospital, depending on your problem.
On the first visit you will be assessed and we will take a general medical history and ask you questions about your particular problem. Following consent we will carry out a physical examination, which will include assessing your general and specific mobility.
If you are in pain and distress, the member of staff that you see may feel you would benefit from seeing our psychologist to provide support in helping you to cope with your pain. You can discuss this option during your appointment.
Following the examination, you may be sent for some diagnostic tests such as scans, blood tests and x-rays to help us to plan your treatment.
What to bring to your appointment
- a list of your current medication
- your usual footwear, if you are seeing a podiatrist
- a pair of shorts if we are seeing you for lower limb problems
- a chaperone if desired
We will plan for the next stage of your treatment and involve you at every step.
Your treatment may be with us or you may be referred on to another service we work closely with such as your GP and hospital services.
Making a referral
GPs should make their referral through Choose and Book or e-referral by SystmOne.
Physiotherapists and Podiatrists should send referrals via SystmOne Referral Dashboard or email [email protected]
Please seek urgent medical assistance if you have noticed any changes to your bowel/bladder, or numbness in between your legs/intimate area, if you have a temperature, a hot swollen joint, suspected infection or feel generally unwell.
- The services can only accept referrals from people living in the Hartlepool and Stockton council boundary areas, it is likely you will be registered with a Hartlepool or Stockton GP. If you live outside of this area, please contact your GP Practice for further information, as a referral to us would be rejected.
- The information you send us on this self-referral form will be triaged by a clinical practitioner and your referral will then be directed to the service that can most appropriately help you at your first appointment, which may include but is not limited to Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment, Podiatry and Podiatric Surgery, Community Pain Management, Orthopaedics, Rheumatology
- If you feel you would benefit from a one off Physiotherapy assessment and discussion, please contact your GP Practice, as you may benefit from seeing a First Contact Physiotherapy Practitioner, which they can arrange.
- If you feel you need a more detailed assessment which may include further management, please continue to complete the self-referral form.
Our service is Monday to Friday, 8L30am to 4:30pm only. If you have an urgent out of hours concern or issue, please call 111 for advice.Online referral form
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
We also run evening appointments on:
- Mondays at Lawson Street in Stockton until 8pm
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays at One Life Hartlepool until 8pm
Specialist services administration hub
Monday to Friday –
Phone, press option 1 01429 522471