Our specialist community heart failure nurse team will take care of you if you have been diagnosed with heart failure. They work closely with our hospital staff to help get you back in your own home quickly and safely.
We will work with you to help prevent you from going back into hospital so you can enjoy life at home.
- assess your symptoms
- provide you with the medications you need
- monitor your condition
- educate you about your condition
- involve you in support groups
- refer you to other services including the cardiac rehabilitation team
- help to prevent you from coming back into hospital
- use telehealth where possible to monitor your condition
- give you the skills and knowledge to manage your symptoms
Although heart failure is a long-term condition we will help to improve your quality of life so you can live your life to the full.
You will be involved in every stage of you in your care and we will work closely with your GP to make sure you can manage your condition and make the most out of every day.
Your condition may make you feel breathless, so we will either see you at home or in one of our clinics in a convenient community location across Stockton, Hartlepool and the surrounding areas.
We will see you Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
You will be referred to us either by your GP or through the hospital. We do not offer a self-referral service.
Making a referral
Health professionals should phone our single point of access on 01429 522500 to make a referral.
Patients can contact us by phoning the single point of access on 01429 522500.