We are reminding everyone that nominations to stand for election to our Council of Governors closes at 5pm, Tuesday 17 October.
Trust governors are members of the public who play an integral part of the operations of a hospital trust, with key responsibilities including:
- reflecting the interests of members and the general public
- helping select and appoint the chairman and non-executive directors
- advising the board of directors on the development of services
- approving the chief executive’s appointment
- attending Council of Governors meetings
- assisting the development of the Trust’s membership strategy.
Clinical training is not required to be a governor and the Trust is keen to hear from people from all walks of life who would be interested in serving their community.