It may have been virtual this year – but our annual Shining Stars awards was no less exciting or special.
The organisation could not be prouder of each and every one of its staff members as we continue to provide outstanding patient care in the middle of a global pandemic.
At short notice, we have innovated, changed how we do things and improved processes so we can continue to provide high quality care to patients in the most trying of circumstances.
The online ceremony was organised by the employee engagement team and hosted this morning – as it always is – by non-executive director Steve Hall with his usual humorous and warm delivery.
Though the event had to be rearranged from its regular location of Hardwick Hall due to COVID-19 restrictions, many staff were still able to take time out of their mornings to join the virtual meeting.
Following the event today, chief executive Julie Gillon and chief people officer Alan Sheppard were able to (where appropriate and socially distancing) visit winners in their work areas to present them with their award.
Thank you to our staff
In her opening remarks to staff, Julie said: “These awards celebrate the outstanding work going on across the organisation and the efforts to make this organisation one dedicated to quality and patient experience with excellence as our standard.
“Of course, this year is very different. We cannot underestimate the work staff have put in for our patients. This year, more than ever, we were determined that the event would go ahead.
“Colleagues should continue to be celebrated. We have to congratulate everyone in the organisation. We’ve had record numbers of nominations – 200 in total across ten categories.
“Congratulations to everyone for their outstanding contribution to the organisation over the last year.”
Congratulations to the winners below, as well as to all of those nominated and shortlisted!
And, of course, thank you to each and every one of our staff for their dedication and commitment over the last year.
2020’s Shining Stars
- Inspirational Leader – respiratory consultant Vandana Jeebun
- Volunteering Star – volunteer Jean Hislop
- Clinical Team – Critical Care team
- Supporting Services Star – porter Kevin Aaron
- Making a Difference – theatre support worker Linda Robinson
- Supporting Services Team – Vulnerability unit
- Working in Collaboration – health and wellbeing lead Jill McGee
- Clinical Star – specialist nurse Donna Enisz
- Excellence in Care – Enhanced care team
- Dedication to Quality Improvement – Tracey Forster, Ben Ryan and Jennifer Hartas