If you are getting dropped off at the hospital we have allocated drop off zones. If you are driving to the hospital you can download the directions below.
University hospital of North Tees directions (253kB pdf)
Directions by Bus
You can get information from:
Stagecoach Bus or call Hartlepool 01429 267092 / Stockton 01642 602112
Arriva or call Arriva customer service 0844 800 44 11 or Traveline 0871 200 22 33
Planning your journey
You can get information from Transport Direct or Connect Tees Valley.
How we can help you get to hospital
There is help available for people who do not have their own transport and who do not have direct bus routes to hospital near to where they live.
We are helping you in a number of ways:
- Providing a shuttle bus service between hospital sites. The service runs regularly between the University Hospital of Hartlepool and the University Hospital of North Tees. This service is free. For further information ring the trust’s service desk on 01429 522550.
- Providing a volunteer driver scheme, which has been set up for people who need help getting to appointments. For further information ring the trust’s service desk on 01429 522550.
Discounts have been negotiated with the trust’s taxi provider, Boro Taxis, for patients and relatives travelling for appointments or visiting.
Patients on certain welfare benefits are being reminded that they may be eligible for financial support to help with travelling costs. This is under a national Hospital Transport Costs scheme. Further information is available from the trust’s cashiers’ offices.
Shuttle bus timetable
The shuttle bus operates Monday to Friday and takes approximately 30 minutes to travel between hospital sites.
Departs from University Hospital of Hartlepool
8:30, 9:15, 10:00, 11:15, 13:15, 14:45, 17:00, 18:30.
Departs from University Hospital of North Tees
09:15, 10:45, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 17:45, 20:00.
Free to book through the trust’s service desk on 01429 522550.
Need help with transport? Do you have a health appointment?
If you have a medical condition or mobility problems and feel you need transport to help get to your appointment, you could be eligible for transport to and from our hospitals through non-emergency patient transport services:
- Teesside patients should call the Transport Information Service on 01642 263122
- Patients living in North Yorkshire should call the Advanced Booking Service on 0300 330 2000
- Patients living in East Durham should call Travel Response on 0191 383 5383
- A Volunteer driver scheme bookable through the Social Resource Centre in Ferryhill. You can contact the centre on 01740 658880. There is a charge for this service, depending on the length of the journey.
You will be asked a number of questions to see if you are eligible to have transport provided for you. You will need to apply at least two to three weeks before your appointment to arrange for transport.
Do you have a disability?
We will work with you to find the best arrangement to fit your needs.
Do you receive benefits?
You may be entitled for help with your travel costs. Find out more about healthcare travel costs or phone the trust’s cashiers office through switchboard on 01642 617617.