We offer excellent learning and development opportunities and great terms and conditions for people who choose to work for us.
It is a very exciting time to join our trust as we continue to transform services to provide the highest standards of clinical care. If you are caring and passionate about providing the very best for our patients in our hospitals and in the community and you want to join a team of people who really want to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
We have opportunities for people in a wide range of careers, including doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, health care assistants and support roles. No matter what you do, and where you work you will be making a real difference to our patients and contributing to providing the very best care that they deserve.
We ensure that:
- we have the right staff in the right jobs at the right time
- our staff continue to develop the skills they need to meet the trust’s and their department’s requirements and to achieve their development goals
- our staff are supported to achieve the highest levels of performance in pursuit of our aims and objectives
- our staff are recognised and rewarded for their achievements
- Staff NHS pensions
- Staff lottery
- Staff Christmas savings scheme
- NHS discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Child care
Development and education
We are committed to developing our future leaders. To support our current and future leaders, we have commissioned several bespoke leadership programmes.
We have invested in technology such as e-learning as well as more traditional teaching methods.
Reward and recognition
Our reward and recognition structures help us thank our staff, who work tremendously hard to go that extra mile, every day.
The Shining Stars awards give the trust board the opportunity to make sure our staff are recognised and rewarded for their achievements and commitments to their patients, colleagues and the trust.
We also have “Stars of the Month” award, designed to recognise the commitments and education of our staff and teams that have made a significant direct or indirect contribution to patient care, by going above and beyond the call of duty and who exemplify our core values.
Supporting your health and wellbeing
We are fully committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff, so that they can reach their full potential, be energised, motivated and committed to providing the very best care to our patients and service users.
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust is committed to supporting the physical and mental health and well-being of the local population, including our staff – supporting mind and body together. The Trust pledges to raise awareness of mental health, promote positive attitudes towards mental health and challenge any stigma towards mental health issues, providing a workplace in which staff can come together and thrive.
The Trust will:
- Provide information and raise awareness of mental wellbeing
- Provide opportunities for employees to look after their mental well-being
- Develop skills in managers to promote the mental well-being of staff and recognise and deal effectively with mental health issues and stress
- Ensure inclusion and opportunity for all