We put care at the heart of everything we do for our patients, staff and local population.
We have four CARE values that we implement in our work every day as we serve the communities of Stockton-on-Tees, Hartlepool and the surrounding areas.
Our values, as laid out in our CARE strategy, are:
- Collaborate – we work in collaboration with partners and stakeholders to link up health services in the area and improve the health care sector for the good of our public
- Aspire – we aspire to be the very best. Many of our staff and volunteers go the extra mile to provide care, something we encourage all staff to aspire to
- Respect – we will treat every patient, visitor and colleague with dignity and respect
- Empathy – health care and empathy go hand-in-hand. Empathy and understanding are essential in building relationships in and out of our Trust
Putting people first
Healthcare is a people business. Our ultimate goal is to provide the best healthcare for everyone within our population.
At North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, we put a great emphasis on our patients, staff and local public. They are key to what we do and we recognise their contribution in our people first values.
We are committed to these values and ask all our staff to respect and practise them every day in their working lives.
Through our Trust-wide values, we will:
- Treat all people with compassion, care, courtesy and respect
- Respect everyone’s right to privacy, dignity and individuality
- Take time to be helpful
- Respond quickly and effectively
- Always give clear, concise explanations
- Practise good listening skills
- Develop and maintain an appropriate environment
- Look the part
- Deal effectively with difficult situations
- Perform as a team
Our vision for equality, diversity and inclusion is simple. We want to ensure they are at the heart of everything we do for our patients, staff, carers and visitors to our Trust.
We use our resources for the benefit of the whole community and make sure nobody is excluded or left behind.
We have committees, objectives and a strategy in place to make sure everyone is treated fairly and equally, regardless of their personal characteristics.
For more information about what we’re doing and what we hope to achieve in the future, please visit our equality, diversity and inclusion page.