We are committed to providing the very best care to our patients whether they are being treated in our hospitals or in the community.
Our People First Values
Healthcare is a people business, we therefore place great emphasis on; patients, public and staff who are all key to what we do. This is recognised in our People First values and new employee compact, both of which were developed in partnership with our staff.
We are committed to our People First Values and ask our staff to respect and practise these values in their working lives.
Our People First Values expect that we will:
- treat all people with compassion, care, courtesy and respect
- respect each person’s right to privacy, dignity and individuality
- take time to be helpful
- respond quickly and effectively
- always give clear, concise explanations
- practise good listening skills
- develop and maintain and appropriate environment
- look the part
- deal effectively with difficult situations
- perform as a team
Health and Wellbeing
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring inclusivity and wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do whether this is for staff, patients, carers or visitors to our Trust.
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust is committed to supporting the physical and mental health and well-being of the local population, including our staff – supporting mind and body together. The Trust pledges to raise awareness of mental health, promote positive attitudes towards mental health and challenge any stigma towards mental health issues, providing a workplace in which staff can come together and thrive.
The Trust will:
- Provide information and raise awareness of mental well-being
- Provide opportunities for employees to look after their mental well-being
- Develop skills in managers to promote the mental well-being of staff and recognise and deal effectively with mental health issues and stress
- Ensure inclusion and opportunity for all