Our team assess and surgically treat podiatry conditions for people throughout the community.
Our team include podiatric surgeons, specialist podiatrists, theatre nurses and support staff who will care for you if you need surgery for your foot problems.
We want to help to improve your quality of life. We provide a wide range of surgical treatment for a number of conditions including:
- Hallux valgus (deformity of the big toe)
- Hallux rigidus / limitus (arthritis of the main joint in the big toe / limited movement of the big toe joint)
- Tailors bunions (a bump at the bottom of your little toe)
- Hammer, clawed and other toe deformities
- Morton’s neuroma (a condition that affects the nerves which run between the long bones in the foot
- Ganglions (fluid filled lumps near your joints)
- Soft tissue lesions (a lump or bump on your foot)
- Subungual exostosis (a non-cancerous bone growth)
- Swollen nerves in the foot
You will have your surgery under local anaesthetic at One Life Hartlepool. This will make sure your surgery is pain free. You will be able to go home on the same day.
We will talk to you about how you can help yourself through a rehabilitation programme, which will involve stretching and strengthening exercises and by helping you to choose the correct footwear.
After your treatment you will be asked to come to your follow up appointments in one of our outpatient clinics at either One Life Hartlepool or Lawson Street Health Centre in Stockton.
You will be referred to us by you GP or practice nurse.
Making a referral
Health professionals (GPs and practice nurses) should make their referral through SystmOne referral dashboard or Choose and Book or by emailing [email protected]
Please seek urgent medical assistance if you have noticed any changes to your bowel/bladder, or numbness in between your legs/intimate area, if you have a temperature, a hot swollen joint, suspected infection or feel generally unwell.
- The services can only accept referrals from people living in the Hartlepool and Stockton council boundary areas, it is likely you will be registered with a Hartlepool or Stockton GP. If you live outside of this area, please contact your GP Practice for further information, as a referral to us would be rejected.
- The information you send us on this self-referral form will be triaged by a clinical practitioner and your referral will then be directed to the service that can most appropriately help you at your first appointment, which may include but is not limited to Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment, Podiatry and Podiatric Surgery, Community Pain Management, Orthopaedics, Rheumatology
- If you feel you would benefit from a one off Physiotherapy assessment and discussion, please contact your GP Practice, as you may benefit from seeing a First Contact Physiotherapy Practitioner, which they can arrange.
- If you feel you need a more detailed assessment which may include further management, please continue to complete the self-referral form.
Specialist services administration hub
Monday to Friday –
Phone, press option 1 01429 522471