- Organisational Development
- Leadership Development
- Talent Management
- Medical Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Provide strategic leadership – being a trusted advisor on all people issues, providing professional expertise and leadership on all aspects of people practices and workforce strategies
- Ensure a focus on people practices
- Provide leadership to the people committee
- Develop strategic plans aligned to the key priorities related to people practices
- Deliver future workforce structures, change management and development in line with required capability and capacity to lead the people journey in the trust.
Susy has worked across the NHS and academia for over 20 years across a number of roles including biochemist, manager, director, coach, leadership and organizational development lead, improver and academic.
Susy Joined North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust in May 2022 and is now Chief People Officer and Director of Corporate Affairs for the organisation. Susy has also worked to support Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust, North Cumbria Integrated Care Trust and University Hospitals Morecambe Bay and Liverpool University Foundation Trust throughout her career.
- Chartered MCIPD
- Association of Psychological Therapies- Accredited Solution Focused Therapy February 2022
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (PR156438):2018
Ambitions for the Trust
- To further develop a workforce pipeline through “grow our own” to meet workforce demands and create more succession planning and talent management pathways.
- Continue to foster a culture of compassion and inclusion
- Ensure our people team continues to strive for excellence and support the organisational need
Ambitions for the Tees Valley health and care landscape
- “Grow our own” for the future of Tees Valley
- Foster and further establish partnership working to enable the people agenda
- Support the provision of opportunities for our people of the region to work and thrive across Tees valley healthcare