Liz joined North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust in 2023, and is the lead non executive director for equality and diversity and patient safety.
Liz has spent her career in Higher Education, working in four universities. She commenced at Teesside University where she was a lecturer in physiology. She also spent a number of years as Deputy Dean of Health and Social Care before becoming Dean of Social Sciences and Law.
Liz finished her education career as Vice Chancellor of Staffordshire University. She has served as a trustee and non-executive director with a number of organisations including schools, universities, a housing association, a private training provider. She also chairs a charity protecting children and their families from sexual exploitation. Liz has committed her career ambitions in line with social mobility and the difference a good education can make to enable all to achieve their potential.
Ambitions for the Trust
- To reduce health inequalities enabling all to live the healthiest lives that they can.
- To provide the best health care experience for all of its patients across all services.
- To continue to research and innovate ensuring that clinical services respond to emerging needs.
Ambitions for the Tees Valley health and care landscape
- Access for all wherever they are to the health care that they need.
- A joined up and integrated health and care offer, demonstrating best practice in collaborative working.
- Improved mortality rates.