- Financial management
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Business Intelligence
- Annual accounts/financial reporting
- Estates redevelopment
- Achievement of Group Financial Plan (incl. subsidiaries)
- Medium Term Financial Planning (incl. capital and contract with commissioners)
- Work closely with PMIO to deliver Efficiency programme
- Develop capacity and capability of finance team – Finance Improvement Plan
- Oversee the delivery of the LLP/MSA
- Patient level information costing services
- Estate redevelopment
Kate brings with her a wealth of senior financial management experience and most recently served as Director of Finance Central of the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care Board.
Kate plans to keep the organisation on-track financially, with a view to our continued sustainability and ensuring we are well placed for the future.
Kate has spent her entire career within the NHS, beginning her working life as a graduate trainee before advancing to a range of positions in the north east and further afield.
Kate’s core skills include resource management, strategic planning, partnership working, relationship management and service improvement; all essential attributes as we navigate the challenging waters of health finances.
She is also a supporter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association and sits on the northern branch committee and is an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador and ally.
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
Ambitions for the Trust
- Financial stability and sustainability which will allow us to invest into our services and deliver great patient care
- Estates redevelopment – ensure we have a facility that allows us to deliver excellent patient care and provide a fantastic environment for our staff
- Strengthen our position across the Tees Valley – continue to grow our quality services and care for patients
Ambitions for the Tees Valley health and care landscape
- Build on partnership working – strengthen relationships, influence the agenda, identify savings, get best value for money
- Financial stability and sustainability – by ensuring that funding is appropriate and reflective of the needs of the local population
- Improved patient and staff outcomes across the Tees Valley – supported by an ambitious capital and service plan. Secure money to be able to transform services