Knowledge and Information Service (KIS)
North Tees and Hartlepool Knowledge and Information Service (KIS) provides library and information services to staff and students at North Tees Hospital (NTE) and Hartlepool Hospital (HAR) as well as supporting Trust staff working within the community. Information services are delivered from one library site based at North Tees Hospital.
- Access to the Knowledge & Information Service is available 24/7using a swipe card system. The library is staffed from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- The library has 6 PCs and provides 6 dedicated study areas equipped with hubs for mobile device use. Free WiFi is available. Self-service issue for issue/return for books and self-service iPad loan (12 devices).
- Our purpose is to help you access relevant, up-to-date, evidence-based information to support your day-to-day work, research and professional development.
- Our aim is to make information available electronically, so that you can access it where and when you need it including at the point of care.
- Access a wide range of online resources using your OpenAthens account:
– BMJ Best Practice
– Links to Regional and National resources
We also have a wide selection of print books covering aspects of Medicine, Nursing, Allied Health, Management, Health and Wellbeing, as well as student set texts and exam books. Search the library catalogue to find print and ebooks. Any book or journal article not held within the library can be requested for you.
We offer a friendly, efficient and responsive service and we are keen to tailor our services to better meet your needs.
NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
The new Health Education England funded NHS Knowledge and Library Hub is a ‘one-stop’ gateway which connects NHS staff and learners seamlessly to a range of free, high-quality knowledge and evidence resources, services, tools and databases, all in one place.
The easy-to-use platform includes over 7,000 journals, e-books (including OUP handbooks), clinical decision support tools (for example, BMJ Best Practice) and clinical and medical databases.
Accessed via NHS OpenAthens, users will be able to tap into the same system wherever their career takes them.
We have over 30,000 print books and thousands of latest edition e-books to choose from as well as a host of other resources.Search the library catalogue here.
You can limit your search to resources held by North Tees library or you can access collections held at seven other North East NHS Trusts.
Existing library members can access their library account by logging in with their library membership card (barcode number) to update personal information, check the number of items currently on loan, view dates for return and request books.
The first time you log in to your account using the new catalogue click the ‘set/reset password’ button to create a new password.
Features of the online library catalogue include:
- Improved search tools for easy refinement when searching.
- Access to a wide range of North East Health Library resources.
- Automatic book renewals, to help save you time and to enable you to keep. items longer unless they are requested by another borrower.
- Create your own person lists of items or ‘virtual bookshelf’.
- Manage and update your personal information.
How to register
Not a library member yet? You can complete the registration form below and e-mail it to the library at email@example.com or alternatively use our online registration form.
Online registration formYou can now apply for your library registration online here