Mr Rajesh Nanda
Mr. Rajesh Nanda – Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MRCSEd, D.Orth., MSc (Orth), FRCS (Trauma & Orth.)
Mr Nanda joined the trust in August 2010 as Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Upper Limb Surgery and Trauma.
Mr Nanda completed his primary medical education in India. Following post-graduation in Orthopaedics he moved to UK and completed the Higher Surgical Training in the North East of England. He did his Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow surgery with Prof Rangan at The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough.
Mr Nanda is a keen educator and has been appointed as Honorary Lecturer at the Teesside University. He organizes and coordinates the MCh Orthopaedics course (Teesside University). He is a faculty on various Shoulder & Elbow surgery courses, Trauma courses and FRCS (T&O) preparation courses. He is the Surgical Tutor for Orthopaedics within the trust. His role includes Managing and delivery of Education to Orthopaedic trainee doctors within the trust. He is also an Examiner for the FRCS (T&O) exam.
Mr Nanda is active in research and is the Orthopaedic Lead for Research. He leads on numerous National and International Multi Centre Clinical Trials within North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust as well as coordinates all Orthopaedic research activity.
He has presented at various International and National Conferences and has published in International Journals.
• All aspects of upper limb surgery including trauma and sports injury
• Shoulder arthroscopy – Key Hole Surgery to deal with soft tissue related shoulder problems
• Joint replacement – shoulder hemiarthroplasty, shoulder resurfacing, total shoulder replacement and reverse polarity shoulder replacement
• Elbow arthroscopy and joint replacement
• Hand surgery – ganglion excision, carpal tunnel release, Dupuytrens release
• Fracture (trauma) reconstruction