Specialist palliative care
Our specialist palliative care team are here to support adults over the age of 18 who have life limiting illnesses that require specialist support.
The palliative care team is made up of consultants, specialist doctors, Macmillan health care professionals including nurse consultants, clinical nurse specialists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and therapy technicians.
The aim of palliative care is to achieve the best quality of life in difficult circumstances for the patient, their families and carers.
What can we offer?
- help and support with your daily activities to keep you as independent as possible
- a specialist assessment of your individual needs
- expert advice on how to control your symptoms
- time for you, your family and carers to talk through thoughts and feelings about your illness
- help and support for your future care
- help you to manage the side effects of your illness
- advice on how to get information about benefits and support
- education and support to other health professionals involved in your care
You must be registered with a GP in Stockton or Hartlepool.
We work very closely with other health professionals including your GP, the district nursing team, Alice House Hospice and Butterwick Hospice.
We provide our service from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Outside of these hours you should contact your GP, or out of hours district nursing team through the single point of access on 01429 522500.
Making a referral
We accept referrals from health professionals including doctors, district nurses, GPs, consultants, hospices, social workers, patients.
University Hospital of North Tees
University Hospital of Hartlepool