How to get involved
You can get involved in research in a number of ways.
You can take part in research by
- Register your interest to receive information about relevant research trials.
- Contacting the research and development office on 01642 624090, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting the NIHR website
- Visiting the Involve website
Making Research Better
Clinical trials research in the North East and North Cumbria improves health and NHS services for our people in communities.
You can find out about clinical research trials in our region, through Making Research Better.
You can register your interest in clinical studies and get involved via the website or by emailing email@example.com
Become a Patient Research Ambassador
We also have opportunities for patients or carers to volunteer to be Patient Research Ambassadors (PRAs), which are patients, carers or lay people with a passion for research.
They want to help other patients have better informed choices about participating in research through their local NHS.
As a PRA you will be supported to gain a general understanding of the role of research in the Trust/Region/UK.
You will work with the Research and Development department to develop a programme to:
• Identify the most effective ways of engaging with patients about research opportunities and participation either though existing patient forums or new initiatives
• Assist with raising the profile of research with patients and staff
• Disseminate results of research results to participants
• Develop a research agenda which meets the needs of the local population
You will be asked to serve for a minimum of 12 months.
The PRA will bring their own unique perspective, informed by their own life experience however they must take an objective view that is representative of the wider patient and carer population.
A PRA must be able to:
• listen to others and actively share information
• take an objective view respecting issues from all perspectives and be representative of the views of a cross-section of patients
• attend regional Research Ambassador meetings
• develop the confidence to question information and explanations supplied by others, who may be experts in their field
• possess basic IT skills or demonstrate a willingness to learn
No experience is necessary.
Training will be given.
Travel costs will be remunerated.
Successful applicant will need to undergo Trust pre-employment checks before the post can be started.
If you are interested please complete the accompanying expression of interest form.
Successful applicants will be invited to meet with the Research and Development team for an informal interview.
Closing date 30/04/2017