We’re offering active birth classes for expectant mothers and their partners to help give you confidence and take away the fear of labour and birth.
We want women and their partners to feel prepared for childbirth. These sessions teach you about what to expect at each stage of labour through to child birth.
The two and a half hour classes at an additional cost of £65 are held over two sessions on:
- Saturday mornings between 10am and 12.30pm at the University Hospital of North Tees (meet at the main entrance)
- Saturday afternoons between 2pm and 4.30pm at the University Hospital of North Tees (meet at the main entrance)
The classes run by midwife Sharon Gowans, who is accredited with the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT), will help women and their birthing partners learn practical techniques to help during labour.
The classes will:
- teach you coping strategies such as breathing, massage and distraction techniques
- help to take away the fear
- teach you about the benefits of being active during labour
- teach you how your body works during labour
- help you to have a more positive birth experience
- teach your partner how to support you during labour
We welcome women and their birthing partners from 32 weeks of pregnancy. Places are limited so you need to book a place.
Telephone 01642 624246 or email email@example.com to find out more and to book a place