Dementia services in the community
Our community dementia team in Hartlepool provide support to people who have been diagnosed with dementia or are suspected of having dementia and their family or carer.
The team of occupational therapists and nurses, who provide the dementia services in the community, see people who are in hospital and help to safely get them back into their own home or in the community. They will help them remain as independent as possible and prevent them from having to go into hospital.
- provide assessments and see if there is any equipment you need to help you
- give you, your carer and healthcare professionals the information they need so they know what they can do to help
- help your family or carer to understand the symptoms
- help with ways to communicate
- help you to access other specialist services
- work with other health and social care organisations to make sure you get the support you need
Making a referral
We take referrals from GPs, your local authority, community nurses and direct referrals from families or carers by telephone on 07554439524 or 07900267986 or email us at email@example.com
Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm, excluding bank holidays on 07554439524 or 07900267986 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.