- Digital programme team
- Information governance/data protection officer
- Health records
- Information management
- Clinical coding
- System administration
- ICT services
- CareScan+ (point of care scanning) team
- Lead digital transformation to ensure that all clinical services are designed around our patient and populations, driven by improving clinical outcomes in line with organisational vision, values and supporting strategies
- Drive innovation in digital solutions, in line with local, regional, and national priorities
- Develop resilience and capability with regards to cyber security
Gillian joined the NHS in 2002 working within a number of roles within information and technology services, delivering digital solutions that aim to transform the way patient care is delivered.
Gillian joined North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust in 2013. At that time the organisation had made the decision to change their aging patient administration system (PAS). Gillian supported the leadership of the implementation of the Trust’s electronic patient record (EPR) ambitions, leading on the digital strategy.
The Trust gained recognition from NHS Digital in 2021 for contribution to the Global Digital Exemplar (GDE) programme, resulting in acknowledgement as a national ‘Digital Leader’.
Ambitions for the Trust
- Continue to invest in digital systems and services (i.e people, process and technolgy) to place Trust on par with Global Digital leaders and best in class internationally.
- Raise the digital maturity to the highest recognised level that is clinically driven and improves outcomes.
- Increase and embed the ownership and leadership of the digital agenda as part of the broader transformation agenda within the Trust.
Ambitions for the Tees Valley health and care landscape
- Working as a collaborative health and care system to enable seamless accessibility to healthcare information regardless of setting, to aid informed decision making.
- Providing safe and secure tools for patients to be empowered in contributing to their care, ensuring digital inclusivity is at the forefront.
- Providing high quality data that can be used to support research (where appropriate) to improve health outcomes for our population.