Ann is responsible for chairing our p and q, people and safeguarding committees. She is also the maternity champion for the Trust board, and the organisation’s health and wellbeing champion.
Ann attends the joint partnership board with colleagues from South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, safety panel, patient experience committee and the performance, planning and compliance committee.
Ann trained as a social worker and worked in local government for 45 years. Throughout her career she worked in various teams in London, Devon, Cumbria and North Yorkshire.
Ann joined Stockton Borough Council in 1996, and was the director of services for adults and children until 2008, when she became director in the London Borough of Camden.
Since retiring from a full time role, she has worked as a regional advisor for the Local Government Association across the North East, Yorkshire and Humberside, advised on national reviews and chaired the Teesside Safeguarding Adults Board. Ann currently chairs safeguarding boards in Darlington, and is a Governor at a large comprehensive school.
Ann joined North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust as a non-executive director in 2019.
- British Association of Social Work.
Ambitions for the Trust
- To deliver the highest quality services for those people who need our care
- To look after the health and well-being of our staff, so we are a great place to work.
- To be a good partner across our health and social care system
Ambition for Tees Valley healthcare and landscape
- To work well together as positive partners across health and social care systems.
- To improve the health of our population
- To raise the profile of all the high quality services delivered.