Alison was appointed as a non-executive director of the Trust in 2023. She sits on the Trust performance, planning and compliance committee and the audit committee.
Alison grew up on Teesside. After qualifying as a solicitor, she was a partner in a Newcastle law firm, working on commercial projects, including the procurement and construction of new hospitals.
Alison then moved into the public sector and worked in regeneration at both Newcastle and Sunderland Councils, before becoming the Group Commercial Director of Tees Valley Combined Authority. At TVCA she held responsibility for a wide range of investment projects across the region. Alison also held a role as Commercial Director of Teesside Airport.
She is currently a non-executive director of Gentoo Group in Sunderland and a trustee of a charity in Newcastle.
Ambitions for the Trust
- That we deliver the best possible care for the people we serve.
- That we are a forward thinking and innovative organisation.
- That our staff want to work in this Trust and can develop to their fullest potential with us.
Ambitions for the Tees Valley health and care landscape
- That we work with our NHS partners and wider stakeholders to find the most effective pathways and settings for our patients to get the care they need.
- That we innovate to find new ways to work for the benefit of our patients.
- That we strive together to address the health and social inequalities in our region.