Stay well this winter
Cold weather doesn’t have to go hand in hand with illness. There are some simple things you can do to help yourself stay well this winter.
Free flu vaccinations are available for those who:
- are aged 65 or older
- are aged two, three or four years old (but not five years or older) on 31 August 2015
- are children of school years 1 and 2 age
- are primary school-aged children in areas that previously participated in primary school pilots in 2014/15
- are pregnant
- have a serious medical condition such as chronic heart, lung, neurological, liver or kidney disease, or diabetes
- have a weakened immune system due to HIV or treatments that suppress the immune system such as chemotherapy
- have had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or post-polio syndrome
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility (not prison or university halls)
- are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
More information on this campaign can be found at NHS Stay Well.