- Chief Executive Julie Gillon talks about the Long Term Plan and what it means for the Trust
You can read the blog here.
- Trust secures national contracts with its training innovation
The Trust has developed a Critical Appraisal training module which has won contracts with several leading organisations.
- Trust bids a fond farewell to much loved consultant
This week, staff from across the Trust met to celebrate Mr David Emerton’s 25 year career at the Trust, ahead of his retirement.
You can read about it in the Hartlepool Mail here.
- Trust’s physicians awarded for being most Inspirational nationally
Professor Jane Metcalf and Dr Christopher Wells are two of eight physicians named in the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh’s prestigious ‘Inspiring Physicians from 2018’ list.
See the story in the Hartlepool Mail here.
- Special Care Baby Unit receives life-saving donation
The Special Care Baby Unit is really grateful to have received a generous donation from charity Neoangels, who have provided them with two incubators.
You can read all about it on Facebook here.
- Refurbished Chemotherapy Unit officially opened by Chief Executive and Charity founder
This week the Trust held an official opening ceremony for the recently refurbished Chemotherapy Unit. Staff from across the Trust who had been involved in the project attended the occasion, accompanied by charity founder, Tony Larkin.
See the pictures on Twitter.
- Trust takes innovative approach to drive down nursing vacancies
The introduction of recruitment centres has seen a dramatic reduction in the number of band 5 nurse vacancies.
Read more on the website here.
- Hair salon partnership receives national coverage for ‘supporting those in need’
The Trust’s partnership with Stockton Riverside College has received a special mention in the Professional Beauty publication, urging other salons to follow suit and extend their services to those in need.
Read more on Twitter here.
- Celebrating the hard work of our staff amidst the winter pressures
Barbara Bright, Director of Corporate Affairs and Chief of Staff, has been speaking out about the fantastic work of staff who are currently faced with extremely high levels of activity across both hospital sites.
Read more in the Hartlepool Mail here.
- The countdown begins … now just 60 days till the Trust goes Smokefree
It is now just 60 days to go until the trust goes completely smoke-free. The trust regularly receives messages from staff, patients, relatives and visitors about the effect smoke has around the hospital grounds. The Smokefree campaign is significant to help improve the health of both patients and staff and we really appreciate your support in making it happen.
You can read more on Facebook here.
Facebook page: North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
Follow us at: northteesandhartlepoolnhsft www.nth.nhs.uk
Follow: Ntees&Hartlepool NHS Tweet: @NTeesHpoolNHSFT
Julie Gillon’s blog