Join our team of paediatric nurses
Our paediatric department has a holistic approach to care and quality improvement.
Patient safety and improving patient care is always our main priority. We want to recruit nurses who are motivated, promote high standards of patient care and work effectively as part of the multi-disciplinary team. Staff are passionate that the voice of the child and young person is heard and reflected – the directorate has achieved the Your Welcome status because of this.
Paediatric services at the University Hospital of North Tees and Hartlepool include:
- A 26 bed inpatient unit for children and young people aged between 0-16 at the University Hospital of North Tees.
- An eight bedded paediatric surgical day case unit, North Tees
- A 10 bedded paediatric day unit, North Tees
- A children’s specific outpatient department at both the University Hospital of Hartlepool and the University Hospital of North Tees
- A children’s community nursing team including diabetes, respiratory continence, epilepsy, complex needs and a paediatric outreach nurse service
- A nurse led eight bed paediatric day unit at Hartlepool
We also provide a wide range of services including elective and emergency in orthopaedic, surgery, urology, dental and general medicine.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic nurses to join our fantastic team, where we provide a friendly and supportive environment for students, children, young people and their carers. We are very proud of the services we provide and the high standard of care we deliver.
You will become part of a dynamic development and help shape the service, and enjoy substantial professional development opportunities to achieve excellence in care.