Join our team of midwives
Our midwifery staff and team are fully committed to providing the best possible holistic care for mothers, babies and their families.
The maternity service is looking for enthusiastic, motivated midwives and future leaders to promote midwifery care across our services for both high and low risk women. We have provision for water births, active births and, along with supporting the public health agenda, we also actively participate in research.
This provides a unique opportunity for a midwife to develop their leadership and management skills. In our holistic care we also look to promote breastfeeding, smoking cessation and healthy living.
If you are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and have good communication skills, we would like you to be part of our team.
The maternity service has been UNICEF accredited since 2001. Our service provision is across three hospital sites.
The Peterlee Community Hospital is a base for community midwifery. The University Hospital of Hartlepool services include community based midwives based in children’s centres providing full community antenatal and postnatal care including drop-in clinics and telephone support.
Services based at the University Hospital of Hartlepool are antenatal and postnatal, including:
- consultant clinics
- midwifery led assessment unit
- obstetric ultrasound scan service and includes the provision of all antenatal screening including specialist growth scans
- BabyClear and active intervention
This site is also covered by a birthing team that provides continuity of carer for women in Hartlepool who would like a delivery at the birthing centre.
Services at the University Hospital of North Tees include:
- Community midwifery services based in children’s centres providing the full community antenatal and postnatal care including drop ins
- antenatal and postnatal consultant clinics
- maternity assessment unit
- inpatient services
- consultant led delivery unit for high risk maternity patient
- active birth provision for low risk maternity patients who choose to deliver at the obstetric unit with midwifery led care
This site also provides anaesthetic cover and epidural service, an operating theatre and access to other specialties, neonatology, radiology, medicine and surgery.