Updated mask guidance
We have eased our visiting restrictions as we continue to monitor and live with coronavirus (COVID-19). Visitors no longer need to wear a mask in non-clinical areas but may be asked to wear one in designated ‘high-risk’ clinical areas.
General visiting information
We are asking visitors (up to two people per patient) to book an appointment by calling the ward in advance – but will be increasing the number of booking slots on offer.
To book a visiting slot, please call North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust on 01642 617617 and ask for the ward your loved one is staying on.
You can also find the relevant ward number by looking through our ward directory.North Tees ward directory Hartlepool ward directory
Hand hygiene advice
Hand washing is one of the most effective actions we can all take to reduce the spread of pathogens and prevent infections, including coronavirus.
It is important to use alcohol hand rub or to wash your hands when entering or leaving a ward and before and after contact with a patient to help protect yourself and those around you from infection.
Please don’t visit a relative if you:
- Have recently tested positive for COVID-19
- Have symptoms of an infectious disease or are feeling unwell
- Have had sickness and/or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours
Virtual visiting and telephone updates
Our Trust can help patients stay in touch with their loved ones while they are staying on one of our wards with us.
A lot of our patients may want to update their families themselves if they are unable to visit in person, but for those who may not want to or need support as they are unable to do so themselves, we have introduced some ways to help.Find out how you can stay in touch
Leave your feedback
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust invite patients, visitors, and family to share feedback to help improve our services. You can share your experience about your treatment and care, or that of a loved one, by getting in touch with our patient experience team.
Contact the patient experience team
Telephone: 01642 624719
Email: [email protected]
Changes to our services
COVID-19 guidance and updates from individual services:
Long COVID clinics
People suffering from any long-term effects of COVID-19 can be reffered to our specialist long covid clinics. Appointments are helping patients with a range of conditions linked to the virus.
For instance, fatigue, breathlessness, anxiety, depression and other debilitating symptoms.
You will be offered a comprehensive assessment and support to help deal with the common symptoms of long COVID, whether that is physical or mental impact.
To access the long COVID clinics, patients can either be referred by their GP or another health professional using an established pathway.
Novavax research trial
(Information last updated on 8 August, 2022 at 12pm)
- Previously participants were informed regarding the risk of cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) and cholecystitis acute based on a review of data from ongoing clinical trials of the Novavax vaccine. Based on a more recent review of the data, the evidence does not support a link between cholecystitis and administration of NVX-CoV2373 vaccine. Cholecystitis is therefore not considered a potential adverse drug reaction. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your study doctor. (20 June 2022)
- Novavax has been granted conditional marketing authorisation from the European Regulator (EMA) as well as an Emergency Use Listing by the World Health Organisation (WHO). It has already received similar approvals in Indonesia and the Philippines. (23 December 2021)
Additional contacts that you may find useful:
- Queries about the COVID Pass on the NHS App can be raised via the NHS App and NHS Login helpdesk, or can be raised through the NHS.UK website. This is the preferred method for any concerns for things such as NHS Digital, vaccine passports and international travel
- The latest updates on travel and pass advice for Novovax trial participants can be found at GOV.UK
- NIHR FAQs
- NIHR contact: Access our About Us – Be Part of Research (nihr.ac.uk) page to log questions and/or complaints
- Novavax’ Customer Experience Centre (for those based in the UK): +4402035141838
- This line will be answered from 1 PM – 1 AM GMT.
- There is also a contact us form that can be filled out if that is preferred
COVID-19 patient information and leaflets
Please be aware that the following information links out to national external resources: