How we work
We have a board of directors which sets the strategic direction for the trust and receives assurance that the trust is performing as it should be. We also have a council of governors who hold the board to account and whose elected and non-elected members are ambassadors for trust.
Our trust is split up into clinical and corporate directorates. They are:
- accident and emergency
- anaesthetics and theatres
- finance and information services (including estates)
- human resources and education (including medical education and organisational design and development)
- medicine and elderly care
- operations and performance
- trauma and orthopaedics
- women and children’s services
All but one of our clinical directorates have:
- a clinical director who is a senior consultant (doctor)
- a general manager
- a senior clinical matron
- a finance manager
Our clinical director for out of hospital care was a senior nurse.
Our clinical directors are accountable for the quality, performance and financial aspects of their area.
As well as regular meetings in their own directorates our clinical directors attend a monthly trust directors’ group with the chief executive and the corporate directors to ensure that all aspects of the trust are meeting the quality, performance and financial targets expected of them.