Successful organisations have a shared purpose, they know where they’re going and they know how they’re going to get there.
In other words they have a strategy and plans. Staff from right across our Trust, our governors, our partners and our patients have helped to shape our shared purpose in our strategy.
We will provide the best healthcare for everyone within our population.
Our values, as laid out in the strategy, are:
• Collaborative – working in collaboration with partners and stakeholders is critical to the improvement of the health care sector and an essential part of joining up health services in the area
• Aspirational – our staff and volunteers often ‘go the extra mile’ to provide care for our patients, and we encourage all staff to do the same
• Respectful – we will treat every patient, visitor and colleague with dignity and respect
• Empathetic – empathy and understanding are essential to build relationships in the Trust and externally
Embedding the CARE values in our daily work as we serve the communities of North Tees and Hartlepool will allow the Trust to deliver our vision.
The Trust’s four strategic aims are:
Putting our Population first
• Improve outcomes for the patient
• Effective planning
• Develop new approaches that support recovery and well being
• Develop new services to improve the health of our population
• Focus on research to improve services
• Promote and ‘live’ the NHS values within a healthy organisational culture
• Develop, train and retain our staff
• Ensure a healthy work environment
• Listen to the ‘experts’
• Encourage the future leaders
Transforming our services
• Deliver cost effective and efficient services maintaining financial stability
• Make better use of information systems and technology
• Provide services that are fit for purpose and provided from cost effective buildings
• Ensure future clinical sustainability of services
Health and wellbeing
• Protect and improve the health of the population
• Promote health services through a full range of clinical activity
• Increase health life expectancy in collaboration with partners
• Promote self-care