Successful organisations have a shared purpose, they know where they’re going and they know how they’re going to get there.
In other words they have a strategy and plans. Staff from right across our trust, our governors, our partners and our patients have helped to shape our shared purpose in our strategy.
The organisation’s vision is underpinned by a pragmatic mission and practical values, these statements allow the public, patients, relatives, staff and partners to understand who we are and what we stand for as a trust.
To be the best healthcare provider by delivering excellent services for our patients.
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust will become the healthcare provider of choice, by; putting patients first, delivering efficient, safe and reliable services, enabling excellence, encouraging innovation, embracing learning, knowledge and change.
To achieve this, we will operate a lean performance focussed organisation that thrives on change and provides:
- good patient care, through safe, modern high quality health services
- efficient services, by recognising that waste in one area compromises patient care in another
- a good place to work, by being a good employer, working together and valuing people
- education and training, to enable staff to deliver individual, professional, team and organisational objectives
The trust’s six strategic aims are:
- Putting Patients First: to create a patient centred organisational culture by engaging and enabling all staff to add value to the patient experience and demonstrated through patient safety, service quality and LEAN delivery.
- Integrated care pathways: to develop and expand the portfolio of services to provide integrated pathways for the people of Easington, Hartlepool, Sedgefield and Stockton providing equal access to acute care and care as close to home as possible in line with Momentum: pathways to healthcare.
- Service transformation: to continually review, improve, transform and grow our healthcare services to respond to the needs of our healthcare community. In line with evidence based guidelines we will enhance quality, clinical effectiveness and patient experiences whilst improving clinical outcomes.
- Manage our relationships: to ensure our services, and the way we provide them, meet the needs of our patients, commissioners and other partners by proactively engaging with all appropriate stakeholders including our staff, through communications, engagement and partnership working.
- Maintain compliance and performance: to maintain our performance and compliance with required standards and continually strive for excellence by good governance and operational effectiveness in all parts of our business.
- Health and wellbeing: to embrace the health and wellbeing of the population we serve and ensure that the health needs of the people of Easington, Hartlepool, Sedgefield and Stockton are reflected and catered for in the commissioning of services from the trust.