Colorectal surgery deals with problems arising in the lower bowel and anus; if you have a problem relating to your bowel or anus. Our expert team will provide the necessary investigations and treatments for your problem in a clean, safe, caring and friendly environment.
We deal with a range of bowel and anal problems such as:
- bowel cancer
- polyps in the large and small intestines
- diverticular disease
- inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- constipation and obstructed defaecation
- bowel incontinence
- haemorrhoids (piles)
- prolapse of the bowel
- fistulae – small abnormal channels that develop between the bowel and other organs, or the skin around the anus
- anal fissure (cracks or tears in the skin in or around the anus)
- pilonidal sinus (a recurrent infection in the buttocks)
- all aspects of stoma care
In many areas, we are at the forefront of modern surgical technology, including trans-anal microsurgery (TEMS), laparoscopic (keyhole) and single-port laparoscopic surgery (SILS), enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS). For more information on colorectal diseases and their treatment, please click on one of the links below.
The colorectal unit can be contacted at 01642 624399. All other enquiries can be directed to the individual consultants through the main hospital switchboard 01642 617617.